I am a hardworking, passionate, determined, social person who aims to contribute to community as a scientist, engineer and developer.
- Unity 3D
- Matlab /Simulink
- C, C++
- Unreal Engine
- English – Fluent
- Turkish -Native
- French – Intermediate (B2)
Hello! I am Anil Ufuk Batmaz.
I am a science enthusiast currently working as Assistant Professor at Kadir Has University, Istanbul.
What do I do ?
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Data Visualization and Analysis
Training Systems and Simulators
- Research on 3D User Interfaces, focused on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Data analysis and assessment with univariate and multivariate General Linear Models including ANOVA and ART.
- Developed a dashboard using PowerBI and Python, to analyze and monitor surgeon’s workload at Fraser Health.
- For Boeing’s maintenance monitoring application, designed an interaction algorithm in C# to enhance user experience.
- Industry collaboration with Stambol Inc. to develop a VR and AR platform enabling both remote training and telemedicine.
- Collaborated with NRC, developed algorithms to improve the user experience of aircraft motor technician training.
- Used machine learning to auto select object interaction methods in VR based on context and actions.
- Using Python on Raspberry Pi3, designed a semi-autonomous speed controller algorithm to improve user experience.
- Volunteer: Poster chair of ACM VRST 2020, Program Committee Member of IEEE VR 2019-2021 and ACM VRST 2020 conferences. Co-guest editor of the special edition of Frontiers Journal on multi-modal interaction.
- Performed statistical analysis in Python to guide the development of an adaptive feedback medical training system
- Designed and built a monitoring system that provided feedback to improve surgeons’ experience using a STRAS surgical robot.
- Conducted user studies and published a list of recommendations for software developers of medical VR/AR applications.
- Invited speaker: “Virtual Reality in Surgery”, Pint of Science, Strasbourg, France, 2017. “Virtual Reality challenged by image-guided surgery”, Paris, France, 2017. “Inside the virtual brain: using OCULUS DK2 for surgical planning”, NeuroTalk, Barcelona, Spain, 2007.
GFDS 3D Animation and Software Inc. (2013 – 2015)
Managed a team of six developing Mobile AR sales applications and other visual software solutions C# for diverse industries including pharmaceutical, car battery manufacturer, construction and architecture and many others
- Collaborated with customers to design platform and software specifications to meet their needs and constraints.
- Managed projects using Trello and Agile software methodology, controlled quality with unit testing and regular code reviews.
- Lead the team to develop a multi-user Boeing simulator for cooperative pilot education and training over network.
- Created a zSpace medical training and diagnosis application in Python, VTK and OpenGL to explore patient scans in 3D.
- Developed the software and hardware of a glove to interact with objects in VR, used in a variety of commercial applications.
TOBB ETU – MSc (2011-2013)
- Developed a mathematical model to theoretically increase the lifetime of wireless sensor networks up to 90%.
- Designed and built a hobbyist drone, optimized controller coefficients in MATLAB to improve stability.
Kadir Has University, Mechatronics Engineering Department
Cibali Mah. Kadir Has Cad.
Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey 34083